Type tray turned in an Advent calendar.
Although the countdown has not begun yet (we still have 58 days!) we are ready.
I found this simple type tray at United House Wrecking in Stamford, CT.
They have all kinds of unusual items for the home; furniture, decor, memorabilia.
Clearly it used to hold letters for some sort of printmaker.
But it was a bit boring. And I figured out the 48 spots would make a perfect Advent calendar.
Any candy will do but the kisses fit so perfectly.
I can’t take all the credit for the kisses idea, Beckie over at Infarrantly Creative makes countdown kisses calendars for nearly every holiday:
image from Infarrantly Creative
Click here to see Beckie’s how to countdown calendar.
The kisses sit perfectly on each little shelf ready to be eaten:
Here’s how I made the calendar:
1. Sand off visible writing. Cover outer edge with painters tape.
2. Paint four sides inside each box and background of every other box:
3. Remove painters tape, sand top surface edges of all box dividers to remove messy paint:
3. Cut scrapbook paper pieces to fit boxes:
4. Apply mod podge to background of box, place scrapbook paper into box, cover with mod podge.
5. Using vinyl rub on numbers line up and rub into place in red background boxes.
6. Fill with kisses.
My kids already ate this batch of kisses so we’ll be getting fresh ones before Dec. 1.
A very easy transformation into something fun and functional.
One last side by side:
Ready for the countdown to begin.