A DIY tutorial to build an outdoor planter using a scrap fence piece. Repurpose that excess stockade fence into an outdoor planter.
I built this outdoor planter from a scrap piece of stockade fencing, some pallet boards and two pine boards for a total cost of $3.
So this stockade fencing piece had been sitting in our garage since the day we moved in and I finally put it to good use.
- saves the stockade fence from the landfill
- creates a functional planter
- adds color to the front sidewalk
- stockade fence piece (alternatively you could use 1×3 boards)
- pallet wood scraps (alternatively you could use 1×4 boards)
- 2 – 2×2 exterior baluster sticks
- 1 – 1x2x8 pine board (*TIP: I suggest using cedar boards for exterior use.)
- exterior 1 1/4″ pocket hole screws
- 1 1/4″ exterior wood screws
- 2″ finish nails
- miter saw
- pocket hole jig
- nail gun
- wood glue
SHOP THIS PROJECT:
And be sure to share and follow me on social media for more project inspiration: