Paint: scripture sign
A special request from Megan for her boys bedroom, a slightly modified version of a verse from Luke:
She asked for a blue/grey background with white lettering:
Jennifer Marie T.
Thank you to everyone who entered the raffle, I hope Jennifer gets her build on with all the inspiring projects in Ana’s book.
Here’s how to make the scripture sign:
1. Cut plywood to size (this sign is 41″l x 11″h).
Paint background color, I used Benjamin Moore ocean city blue.
2. Print letters to fit and tape in place on wood.
I used Universal Accreditation font at 300 point, condensed 3 point.
3. Using a ballpoint pen trace outline of printed letters leaving an indent in the wood:
4. Paint on and inside the indent:
5. To give definition and depth add a dark grey shadow:
6. Distress edges, apply Minwax golden oak stain.
Seal with clear satin poly.
7. Add two sawtooth hangers at equal ends on back:
I’m linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework