Tiny star ornaments wrapped in DIY window boxes.
I made the window boxes using clear acetate.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Challenge: wrap these fragile ornaments for Christmas delivery:
(To see how to make the ornaments click here.)
I wanted a window box so you can see the ornament inside:
Solution: cut a hole in the top of a gift box and glue acetate to make window:
Easy and quick solution for the fragile ornaments.
Here’s how I made the window boxes:
1. Use 6″ x 6″ x 4″ gift box and clear acetate:
2. Lay box open so top flap is flat.
Mark 1″ border around top flap:
3. Cut out square using exacto knife:
4. Cut acetate to fit opening plus 1″:
(Acetate piece here measures 5″ x 5″)
5. Flip top flap of box to wrong side, lay small bead of hot glue and quickly place acetate in opening pressing edges into glue:
6. Use tissue and place ornament in box:
7. Add burlap strips for ribbon and matching letter tag with twine:
Ready for gift giving.
Make your own window boxes to protect those fragile gifts that are too pretty to hide.
I’m linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic