Paint: surfboards sign
Just in time for summer, a Pottery Barn knock off made using supplies I already had on hand.
Here’s the inspiration:
And my version:
Pretty close and I saved the $39 plus shipping!
Here’s how I made the sign:
1. Cut wood to size (I used 7.25″h x 39″).
Prime and paint multiple layers of blue then sand to distress:
2. Print out letters, I used Ariel Narrow Bold font in 450 point, then lay out on board:
3. Trace letters with ballpoint pen using heavy pressure to create indent in wood:
For the ‘S’ I modified it slightly to match the PB inspiration version:
4. Paint on and inside the indent left behind by the ballpoint pen:
5. Staple 3/8″ jute rope to the back for hanging:
Hang and enjoy!
You may consider sealing it with a clear poly.
I prefer the matte, weathered look and it will be hanging indoors so no need to protect from moisture.
I’m linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic