Sew: shamrock pouches
Easy to sew drop cloth pouch with appliqued shamrock on front and green zipper closure.
The lining even matches the cute shamrocks:
And now for the best part, fill the pouches with fun goodies for kids (and adults!):
I made 10 for friends and cousins:
A really fun, festive and useful gift for St. Patrick’s Day.
Here’s how to make the shamrock pouches:
1-exterior drop cloth @ 6″ x 12″
1-green plaid lining @ 6″ x 12″
1-med. weight fusible interfacing @ 6″ x 12″
1-5″green zipper (I buy my zippers from here.)
grosgrain shamrock ribbon
I used dish towels for the lining, remove the hem stitching:
2. Make shamrock appliques:
Apply fusible interfacing to wrong side of green plaid, make a template, trace and cut out shamrocks:
3. Apply interfacing to wrong side of drop cloth, pin shamrock in center at one end and zig zag stitch in place:
4. To add zipper place drop cloth right side up, zipper right side down at one end then lining:
Sew with zipper foot then top stitch lining:
5. Repeat process for other side and your piece should look like this:
6. Sew side seams, be sure to leave a 4″ opening at one side of lining.
Then miter corners and trim.
7. Turn right side out and slip stitch opening closed:
Push lining down into pouch, press and add grosgrain ribbon to zipper pull: