This post about the Ridgid oscillating edge belt spindle sander is sponsored by The Home Depot. Tired of sanding all those curves and detailed edges by hand? Want to achieve a more professional finish quickly and with ease? This is the sander you need.
A tool review of the Ridgid oscillating edge / belt spindle sander. A tabletop sander for all your woodworking needs.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good palm sander but when it comes detail work, contoured edges, inside curves and more this Ridgid sander is where it’s at. Basically it is two tools in one. You have an oscillating edge belt sander that not only rotates but oscillates as well. And then you have a spindle sander that also rotates and oscillates too. They are very easily interchangeable without any special tools.
Let’s start with the table top surface. The table on the Ridgid sander tilts up to 48 degrees with detents at common popular angles (0, 15, 22.5, 30, 45 degrees) to sand beveled edges without ruining your bevel.
Ridgid Sander Features:
- table that tilts
- easily switch from belt to spindle without tools
- onboard storage holds belt mechanism, washers, spindle sleeves
- sawdust collection port
To switch out the belt mechanism simply unscrew the top knob and lift the mechanism up off the spindle post. Then conveniently place the belt mechanism in the rear storage compartment while not in use. I love when tool companies think of things like onboard storage. It makes the tool so much more user friendly when you have all the pieces within easy access.
To set up the spindle sander slide the appropriate washer over the spindle and then the sleeve. Lastly screw back on the locking knob and you’re ready to go. Being able to sand inside curves is priceless! You simply cannot achieve the same results when sanding by hand.
- belt measures 4″ wide x 24″around
- 5 Amp, 3/8 hp motor
- up to 1725 RPM spindle speed
- 60 OPM for speedy action
- lockout power switch
- 8 foot cord
The Ridgid oscillating edge belt spindle sander is available at The Home Depot here. To be honest I’m not sure how I survived without having this tool in my workshop! It’s priceless in so many situations, I find myself using it all the time.
Thanks for joining me for this tool review. Please leave any questions in the comments below and be sure to follow me on social media for sneak peeks, tools and project inspiration:
* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the promotional program THD Prospective. As a part of this program I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Trade Commission guidelines.