July 4th pinwheel tree.
Red, white and blue gets me every time.
I made 50 fabric pinwheels and attached them to a large branch.
I used glass ball headed straight pins to hold the pinwheel together in the center:
Here’s how I did it:
1. Using scraps of red, white and blue fabrics I made about 50 pinwheels using this method.
2. I made 3″, 2 1/2″ and 2″ squares for this tree.
3. After the fabric squares were ready I used a glass ball headed straight pin and stabbed through the four corners then down the middle to form the pinwheel:
* Before you stab down the middle dab some hot glue on your pin to keep it all in place.
4. Keeping about 1/8″ of the pin shaft I bent off the remainder with pliers.
Unfortunately my pinwheels don’t actually spin but I like them just as they are.