A napkin ring makeover two ways to make placecards.
1. Chalkboard napkin rings for the kids table:
2. Jingle bell placecard holders for the adults:
These napkin rings started out as 8 ‘presents’ that were really dated:
Gee they look similar to Santa’s belt:
I sliced the large red holders in half for less bulk and double the rings (except one broke on the saw) so now I have a total of 11 napkin rings.
Any cardstock will work, use names or photos to mark places at the table:
Here’s how to make the placecard holders:
1. Pull off ribbons, slice red holders in half and sand:
2. Paint white holders all white then mask off edges with painters tape:
3. Paint black chalkboard paint in middle portion only.
Pull off tape and using chalk marker write names on black chalk paint:
4. For the red holders paint all red, sand edges and stain:
5. Predrill tiny hole at center top for wire holder:
6. Use 20 gauge beading wire to make circular holder:
7. Wrap wire around circular object:
8. Stick end of wire through hole:
9. Bend end against inside of holder and hot glue to cover entire wire.
10. Add ribbon and bell: