Sew: fox costume
Make your own fox mask and zip hooded sweatshirt with ears for a fun fox costume.
My nephew recently had a birthday and happens to love the Ylvis song “What does the fox say?”
So I made him a fox costume with a mask and hooded sweatshirt:
My girl #2 modeling the fox costume:
How to sew a fox mask and hoodie:
1. Purchase an inexpensive fabric mask from a party supply store:
2. Remove the elastic band and sew a piece of heavy duty interfacing over the nose bridge to extend the fox snout:
3. Cut brown felt to size leaving 1/4″ around the edge and pin onto mask:
4. Fold felt over edge to back and zig zag stitch in place:
Cut eye opening and repeat same process folding felt to back and zig zag.
5. Cut white felt to fit over snout and nose, pin in place and zig zag.
6. Add light brown snout piece and black nose piece then replace black elastic.
View from back:
7. For the hoodie use a store bought brown zip hooded sweatshirt:
8. Cut triangular ear pieces:
brown felt, heavy interfacing, black felt
9. Sandwich all three pieces together and zig zag stitch around edge:
Cut white felt for ear interior and hand stitch in place.
(*consider sewing white interior felt onto brown before making ear sandwich*)
10. Zig zag stitch ears onto hood portion of sweatshirt:
Top stitch ribbon trim to pockets:
I’m linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework