Food & Friends knock off painted sign.
Thanks again to Pottery Barn for the inspiration:
image from Pottery Barn
You can buy this sign, online only, for $89 plus $14 shipping for a total of $103 buckaroos.
Or find a piece of wood in your garage and paint it for $0.
Yes my sign is slightly smaller at 37″w x 4″h x 3/4″d.
(The Pottery Barn version measures 60″w x 8″h x 1″d.)
But it was just too tempting not to copy.
Here’s how I made the sign:
1. Find a piece of wood, fill holes, sand, paint two coats Behr French Roast.
2. Print out letters (I used Plantagenet Cherokee font). Layout on wood and trace around letters using ballpoint pen.
3. The ballpoint of the pen should leave a slight indent in the wood.
4. Paint in the traced letter.
5. Add the stars and border. Sand to distress. Seal with satin poly.
I’ll save the $100 thank you! But I do love plowing through the catalog for ideas, inspiration is falling off the pages!
I’m linking up to:
http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/, http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/, The 36th Avenue.
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/, http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com/, http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/
Weekly Challenge @ The CSI Project