A floor lamp makeover.
(Yes I do buy things sometimes but when I know it’s worthwhile I’m all for Freecycle.)
Not bad for a boy’s room baseball theme.
But I needed a ‘gender neutral’ theme for my kid’s bedroom.
I refinished the base with the following products in this order:
(This is what I had so this is what I used.)
prime, paint, sand, stain, seal
For the lampshade we started with this:
And now we have this:
How’s how I changed the lampshade:
removed the ‘stitching’ strings and red fabric:
cut new fabric to fit height of shade and long enough to cover all four sides:
using spray adhesive, attach fabric to one side and wrap 1/2″ over side seam:
for the next piece I folded the edge for a finished look and applied:
there’s lots of ways to go about it, basically wrap the shade with the fabric
Then I sprayed the bottom and top edges and folded inside:
Use binder clips at corners to keep fabric in place while drying:
Adhere trim, I made blue binding from fabric and used fabritac to glue it:
One last side by side:
I’m linking up to:
MY LATEST VIDEOS