Sew: felt cupcakes
Make your own kids play cupcakes.
Felt, a little hand sewing and a hot glue gun is really all it takes to make these yummy treats:
If you want the free diy build plans for the cupcake stand click here.
Don’t forget to add some fancy decorations: ribbon, sequins, buttons, ric rac, pom poms, anything will work!
The brown felt chocolate drizzle is my favorite:
How to make felt cupcakes:
1. For each cupcake cut out:
1 – felt base
1 – felt side (curved piece)
1 – cardboard base
1 – cardboard side
2. Sew the side seam using a whip stitch:
Then sew the base onto the small end of the side piece.
3. To make ‘cake’ portion cut an 8″ circle for a regular cupcake and a 6″ circle for the mini:
4. Sew a gathering stitch around the outer edge of the circle and pull tight:
5. Fill with stuffing and make several criss cross stitches then tie a knot:
6. To prepare the base, hot glue the cardboard circle into the base:
7. Hot glue the cardboard side piece into place gently bending the cardboard.
Then hot glue cake into base:
Add sequins and decorations.