Sharing how I built this farmhouse headboard.
I built this Farmhouse headboard using plan #23 farmhouse bed on page 136 in Ana White’s new book The Handbuilt Home
This headboard will be used a in TV shoot next week and I promise to have more details on that soon!
You can build this headboard too and it only takes 10 cuts, a bunch of pocket holes and a few screws.
First get your copy of Ana’s book here:
Then you can build this:
Ana sent me this picture as inspiration for the paint color:
This bedroom is from Dana Miller at House Tweaking and she painted the sliding barn door Sherwin Williams Auric.
I used Benjamin Moore Lemon:
Then distressed and stained it for a vintage yellow look:
Here’s how I built the Farmhouse headboard:
1. Cut wood as per Ana’s plans.
2. Make main panel:
2. Add the trim, legs and top pieces.
3. I made these leg detachable for easier transport purposes:
4. Paint 3 coats Benjamin Moore Aura lemon 2021-20:
5. Sand to distress then stain Minwax Early American:
6. Seal with clear finishing paste wax.