How to sew a ruffle trimmed chevron lumbar pillow.
An easy, fast, 3 seam pillow that adds a big punch.
I choose yellow ruffles to coordinate with the yellow Farmhouse headboard:
This pillow has a zipper opening for easy washing but you could also make an envelope closure:
Here’s how I made the chevron pillow:
1. Supplies for a 12″ x 24″ lumbar pillow:
chevron fabric: 25.5″ x 25″
yellow bias cut strips: 2 @ 1.5″ x 50″
2. Prepare ruffle trim.
Using a long zig zag stitch just off center down the entire length, then GENTLY pull one thread to ruffle up the strip:
3. Pin ruffle in place about 6″ in from outer edge on both sides then straight stitch:
4. Now add your zipper, face down using a zipper foot sew one side in place:
5. Repeat for other side of zipper attaching it to the other end of the chevron:
** Open your zipper now before you proceed.**
6. Match side seams and sew shut then turn pillow right side out through the zipper opening.
Add pillow insert and you’re done!