Built: Farmhouse style doll bed with bedding:
I modified Ana White’s plans here, removing one slat to make the bed narrower.
A special request for a little girl’s birthday, she wanted pink and purple bedding.
Here’s how I made the bed and bedding:
1. Construct the bed per Ana’s plans here, modifying the width one less slat:
2. Prime, paint two coats Behr Swiss Coffee.
Lightly distress edges and seal with wipe on clear satin poly.
Attach mattress base piece:
3. The mattress is made from mattress topper foam, cut to size, wrapped with quilt batting and covered with white cotton sewn shut:
4. For the quilt cut 2″ strips and layout pattern:
5. Strip piece then sew all rows together.
(For a more complete quilt assembly how-to click here.)
6. The quilt is backed with polka dot fabric and edged with white cotton binding:
7. The sheet is double sided, sew your ribbon details first then right sides together.
Perfect fit for the American Girl dolls.
Happy Birthday Caitlin!