Craft: glittered acorn wreath
Make a simple circle wreath from acorns and glitter.
Our driveway is littered with acorns just asking to be used in a project.
This glittered acorn wreath hangs on our new front door ready for Fall to come knocking.
Here’s how to make a glittered acorn wreath:
1. Gather acorns, at least 50.
2. Wash and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. (It will NOT smell nice.)
3. Using a 7/64 drill bit make a whole at the fattest part of the acorn cap going straight through to the other side:
4. Prepare wire ring. I used an existing wire wreath form and popped off the center (smallest) ring:
5. Make a break in the ring where it was naturally welded together:
6. Start stringing acorns onto end of wire ring:
Fill up ring:
Leave about 1″ at both ends:
7. Using a pliers bend ends of wires to make hooks:
Then close ring by hooking the ends:
8. Glitter: I mixed orange and silver:
9. Apply a small dab of white school glue to the nut portion only of the acorn then spread with a paint brush:
10. Shake glitter onto glue over a paper in order to save excess:
11. Add burlap ribbon and hang.
I’m linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework