Sew: boxy pencil pouches
Easy to sew boxy drop cloth canvas pencil pouches with rainbow print lining and rainbow colored zippers.
These pencil pouches are part of a party favor.
I made these pencil holder party favors and then started thinking about how the girls would transport their favors home?
Solution: boxy pencil pouches:
I used a pattern from spiegelstiksels blog, it’s in Dutch and doesn’t seem to translate well but her pictures give a good step by step.
Here’s how to make the boxy pencil pouches:
1. Make a paper pattern using the dimensions from spiegelstiksels blog post here.
2. Cut 2 drop cloth exterior, 2 cotton lining, 2 interfacing, 1 – 10″ zipper:
(I used 12″ metal zippers purchased as a rainbow set from Zip It here.)
3. Start by sewing in zipper:
4. Sew both sides then top stitch drop cloth (and lining together) to keep from getting caught in zipper:
5. Place right sides together and sew bottom seams, be sure to leave 4″ opening in lining at center:
6. Sandwich long ends together and stitch across, start and stop 3/8″ from ends:
7. To make mitered corners pinch open corners together and sew both lining and exterior.
8. Turn right side out, slip stitch closed the opening in lining at center bottom:
I’m linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework