A vanity table makeover for a friend.
The perfect spot to put on make up and get ready for the day.
A quick change of paint and a new drawer made this table go from this:
Originally painted a minty green color my friend wanted a fresh white update:
And there was no drawer, now that’s not very user friendly.
So I built a drawer and added a fun pull:
The bubbly green pull mimics the bubbly character of the legs.
Here’s how I made over the vanity:
1. Sand piece to remove old paint using 120 grit on mouse sander.
2. Build drawer, basically a box made of 1/2″ plywood with a face piece and 1/4 mdf bottom:
3. Drawer fits and piece is ready for primer:
4. Prime one coat.
Paint two coats Behr Swiss Coffee.
Sand to distress edges (120 grit by hand):
5. Seal two coats satin poly, three coats on top surface:
6. Once poly is dry add hardware.
This bubbly knob is from Anthropologie, love how their hardware comes complete with its own funky bag:
Vanity is finished and fully functional:
Amazing what a little paint and wood can do for a piece.
Enjoy your refinished piece Deb!