Sew: monogrammed seersucker pouches
These will be end of the year teacher gifts (and one for each of my kids too!).
I paired seersucker with solid bright lining fabrics to make fun combinations.
My favorite is the bright pink:
But the orange is great too!
And navy is so classic:
Here’s how I made the pouches:
1 – seersucker fabric @ 13″ x 17″
1 – medium weight fusible interfacing @ 13″ x 17″
2 – lining fabric @ 13″ x 8.5″
1 – zipper @ 12″
ribbon for zipper pull
2. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of seersucker:
3. Center fabric letters on upper half of seersucker and pin:
4. Zigzag stitch letters into place:
5. Place zipper face down on top edge of seersucker then one piece of lining fabric:
Straight stitch using zipper foot.
6. Repeat for other end with other side of zipper:
Be sure to top stitch lining down in place to prevent from getting caught in zipper.
7. Sew side seams and miter bottom corners:
8. Trim excess fabric from mitered corner:
9. Turn right side out and press in raw edge of lining, straight stitch closed:
10. Push lining down into pouch and press. Add ribbon to zipper pull.
Ready to take to the beach or pool, summer is here!
I’m linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic