How to refinish a round table with a large monogram.
The finish on this table was in bad condition, lots of peeling, roughed up paint:
And some added scribbles from little ones both on the outside and inside the drawer:
The table has pretty little claw feet that just needed a good clean and buff:
Love how the feet peek out from under the table edge:
Here’s how I refinished the round table:
1. Strip existing paint:
2. Sand remaining finish and prepare for primer:
3. Prime one coat oil based spray primer.
Paint two coats Heirloom White satin.
Be sure to sand in between coats.
4. Print out letter as big as possible then sketch onto surface:
5. Paint letter:
6. Distress edges with sandpaper.
Stain with Minwax Early American:
7. To clean claw feet apply salt/vinegar/flour paste (my paste was a little runny here) and let it sit overnight:
8. Wipe off paste until foot is dry.
Buff with Dremel:
I’m definitely not a metal expert but the feet are now clean and fresh:
9. Seal entire table and feet with Minwax spray poly semi-gloss:
This friend also had me refinish a magazine rack awhile back, now she has a matching set!