Sew: pencil tube zippered pouches
Slim pencil tube pouches perfect to slide inside a backpack just in time for back to school.
The little boys version has a fun orange metal zipper:
Let’s not forget the girls. I choose some polka dot fabric with bright colored zippers:
Here’s how to sew pencil tube zippered pouches:
2. Sew zipper in place, clearly my zipper is too long but it will be trimmed.
3. Top stitch:
4. Repeat for other side of zipper:
5. Tube should look like this:
6. Pin raw edges together for a smooth look:
7. Then make a box fold lining up zipper + bottom center + 2 sides and stitch across:
(I also zig zagged the raw edge.)
8. For the other end pin canvas strap in place:
9. Repeat box fold process but be sure to leave zipper open.
Sew across end seam.
10. Turn right side out and add grosgrain ribbon to zipper pull.
Love this! Thank you so much!
So adorable! You should sell these at the Christmas fair.
Cute as ever! Love your fabric choice too! 🙂
These are adorable! And look so professional- I'd totally think these were bought from the store. Great job!