Sew: pencil tube zippered pouches
Slim pencil tube pouches perfect to slide inside a backpack just in time for back to school.
The little boys version has a fun orange metal zipper:
Let’s not forget the girls. I choose some polka dot fabric with bright colored zippers:
Here’s how to sew pencil tube zippered pouches:
2. Sew zipper in place, clearly my zipper is too long but it will be trimmed.
3. Top stitch:
4. Repeat for other side of zipper:
5. Tube should look like this:
6. Pin raw edges together for a smooth look:
7. Then make a box fold lining up zipper + bottom center + 2 sides and stitch across:
(I also zig zagged the raw edge.)
8. For the other end pin canvas strap in place:
9. Repeat box fold process but be sure to leave zipper open.
Sew across end seam.
10. Turn right side out and add grosgrain ribbon to zipper pull.