This post about the Milwaukee cordless rear handle circular saw is sponsored by The Home Depot. If you’re looking for power and control in a circular saw this is the one.
A tool review of the Milwaukee cordless rear handle circular saw. Get all the power and control you need in a circular saw without the cord.
When looking for a circular saw there’s quite a few options out there and I’ve handled a good many but this Milwaukee model is different. First off it’s designed for the professional carpenter, remodeler and general contractor but that doesn’t mean it’s not perfectly suitable for the average DIYer. In fact I think this Milwaukee M18 rear handle cordless circular saw is better suited for regular folks like myself because of the dual handles, long shoe plate and excellent power.
At first go I was shocked by the length of the shoe plate and then delightfully amazed at the stability as I ripped down this plywood. I wish every circular saw had a longer shoe plate! In addition you will immediately notice the weight. It’s a heavy saw at 13.5 pounds and once you add the high output 12.0 battery pack you’re over 14 pounds. But that’s okay, I actually like having the weight in the saw and gravity helping to make beautiful cuts.
- magnesium shoe and guards
- brushless motor generates power and performance equal or better than a 15 amp corded saw
- RedLithium high output battery pack
- RedLink plus intelligence
- 570 cuts per charge
- LED work light
- rafter hook
This amazing cordless circular saw is capable of the same power generated by a 15 Amp corded version. Plus it cuts faster than a corded saw. Who wants to deal with cords when you can get the same and more output from a cordless tool? Milwaukee included RedLink plus intelligence on this circular saw which ensures optimal performance and overload protection to prevent damage. Something we don’t often think about while blasting through projects.
And it’s the small things like battery pack placement. See above how the battery sits in the top which keeps it clear of sawdust and easily allows you to gauge the charge. Also an on board wrench to change the blade. How many times do you go searching for a wrench when it’s time to change the blade? This tool is equipped with on board storage for convenience.
Milwaukee made this rear handle cordless circular saw very user friendly. Both the depth and miter adjustment knobs are easily accessible. Just release the knob, pull the saw up to the proper depth depending on your material and tighten the knob in place.
- rear handle cordless circular saw
- 7 1/4″ circular saw blade
- M18 RedLithium high output HD 12.0 battery
- M12 & M18 multi-voltage rapid charger
- dust chute vacuum attachment
- contractor bag
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel 18V cordless rear handle circular saw with battery and charger is available at The Home Depot here.
Please follow me on social media for sneak peeks and more project inspiration:
* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the promotional program THD Prospective. As a part of this program I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Trade Commission guidelines.