This post about Husky ratchet sets is sponsored by The Home Depot. So many times have I come across a situation where I needed a ratcheting wrench to install something, make a repair, tighten a bolt or nut, etc. The list goes on and on and today I’m highlighting this underdog of a tool that sits quietly waiting for just to right moment to be of service.
A tool review of two Husky ratchet sets. Ratcheting wrenches in all sizes for mechanics, household chores, garage use and more.
If there was a darkhorse of the toolbox these Husky ratchet sets would be it. You really don’t appreciate the capability and versatility until you find yourself needing a ratcheting wrench and then BAM! it comes to the rescue providing exactly the type of service you require. Sitting patiently waiting in the wings for just the right moment when you find yourself in a situation that requires a ratcheting wrench.
Husky 125 piece mechanics set
- made of alloy steel for durability
- 91 standard and deep 6 point sockets
- industry leading 2.5° arc swing
- includes SAE and metric sockets
- plastic storage case stamped with size markings
I quickly found the correct size socket to remove these decorative lag bolts from our old dining room table top. Clearly I had plenty of space to maneuver the wrench here but these ratchet sets can get into really tight spots less than 3/4″ of space and still swing. With nearly every size socket you could ever need nestled perfectly in its own portable storage case you are almost guaranteed a successful outcome.
Husky 3 piece ratchet set
The second ratchet set is a three piece set that includes only the ratchets. A great addition to a socket wrench you already have on hand.
- includes 1/4 in. drive ratchet, 3/8 in. drive ratchet and a 1/2 in. drive ratchet
- teardrop style head with low profile to fit in tight locations
- quick release button
- flush mounted reversing lever
How cute is that little guy that fits in the palm of my hand? If you already have a socket wrench and are looking for more versatility with ratcheting handles this 3 piece set may be a good fit.
Also this set comes in its own pre-formed foam housing that fits perfectly the shallow drawers of my Husky tool chest. I love it when tools have their place and are neatly organized so I can find exactly what I need in the moment.
I guarantee you won’t appreciate these Husky ratchet sets until you have them on hand when you come across a situation where you need them. Truly little miracle workers with so many possibilities and applications. They are one of those tools to have in your back pocket and call upon when needed.
Available at The Home Depot:
* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the promotional program THD Prospective. As a part of this program I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Trade Commission guidelines.
Leave a Reply