Build: mudroom bins on wheels
These sisters each have a huge storage bin for all their shoes thats both functional AND looks pretty!
I handpainted their monograms at center front:
How to build mudroom bins on wheels:
1. Use 1/2″ plywood and cut (1) front & (1) back and (2) sides.
Determine the cut out handle placement and drill (2) 1 1/2″ holes using a spade bit:
2. Then jig saw out the middle portion:
3. Construct the bin using #6 – 1 1/2″ wood screws and glue.
Predrill and countersink.
4. Attach the 1/4″ plywood bottom with screws too.
Sand and paint.
5. Put the wheels in place and mark the screw holes:
6. Predrill 3 holes:
7. Attach wheel:
8. Print out desired letters.
I used Times New Roman font at 425 and 525 point:
9. Find the center and line up the middle letter:
10. Use a ballpoint pen to trace the outline of the letter:
11. The pressure of the pen creates an indent in the wood:
12. Paint on and inside the indent:
13. Repeat the process for the two side letters: