Here’s a few bits on how I made the 12″ pouch:
1. Cut terry, lining and interfacing to size:
terry cloth: 13″ x 17″
lining: 2 @ 13″ x 6.5″
interfacing: 13″ x 17″ (fusible)
Fuse interfacing to terry.
2. Make letters.
Use heat’n’bond double sided fusible on wrong side of fabric.
Trace letter using light box onto paper back.
3. Cut out letters keeping paper backing on.
3. Iron letters into place on terry:
5. Using a zipper foot add your zipper.
Make a zipper sandwich with terry on one side and lining on the other:
6. Do the same on the other top edge.
Be sure to top stitch lining 1/8″ from zipper for a clean finish and to ensure lining won’t get caught in the zipper.
7. Wrong sides together stitch down side seams, be sure zipper edges line up.
(This would be the time to insert your label tag.)
8. Turn right side out, press lining side seams open, press in bottom edge of lining 1/2″ and sew shut.