Sew: mom-to-be gift pouch
Make a cute zippered pouch with your favorite fabrics then fill it with fun pregnancy related gifts that any mom-to-be would enjoy.
Wrap up the goodies in tissue and cellophane and place everything inside the pouch:
Here’s how to make the zippered pouch:
1 – exterior fabric 11″ x 14″
1 – interior fabric 11″ x 14″
1 – med. weight fusible interfacing 11″ x 14″
1 – 10″ zipper
fabric letter (tutorial here)
grosgrain ribbon for zipper pull
2. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of exterior fabric then pin letter at center front of one end and zig zag stitch in place.
3. Lay exterior fabric right side up, place zipper face down at one end then interior fabric right side down on top:
4. Sew zipper in place then top stitch lining down and repeat for other side.
5. Sew side seams (be sure to leave a 4″ opening in one side of lining) and miter corners.
For a more complete pouch tutorial click on any of the pouches listed here.
6. Turn right side out, slip stitch lining closed, push lining down into pouch and press:
I’m linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework
Inspire Me Heather says
What a cute pouch, love the colour combo!!
I have been a loyal follower of your blog for some time. I love your pouches and decided to give it a try. My appliqué is far from perfect. Have you done a tutorial on stitching the letters? Do you use paper to back while sewing them? I admire your work. I am striving to get my pouches to look as good as yours. Thank you!