A magazine rack makeover.
My neighbor had a basic wooden magazine rack just waiting for some paint:
All cleaned up and I added a handpainted single letter monogram on both ends:
The edges are distressed and stained:
Here’s how I madeover the magazine rack:
1. Sand entire piece and apply wood filler to any imperfections.
Here you can see some missing buttons:
2. Using 5/16″ wood buttons:
3. Glue new buttons into missing holes:
4. Prime with spray primer:
5. Paint with Rustoleum heirloom white satin finish:
6. Distress with sandpaper:
7. Print out letter using Monogram KK font, 450 point.
Line up in place and trace letter using ballpoint pen:
8. Paint on and inside indent left behind by pen:
(At least two coats.)
9. Stain with Minwax Special Walnut:
10. Seal with spray poly semi-gloss: