Paint: nursery lyrics wall art
I handpainted Rascal Flatts “My Wish” lyrics onto a giant 3′ x 3′ wood board then added a 5″ x 7″ frame in the middle for a picture of the new baby boy:
(*The picture below is not the baby boy, it’s the stand in that comes with the frame.)
Similar to my first lyrics wall art this version uses the same song but I painted the words in navy blue:
And found a front-loading frame that protrudes less that the first version and is easier to change out the picture:
Here’s how I made lyrics #2:
1. Follow the how-to for the first version to build the base and paint the words.
Once all the painting is complete stain and seal the piece.
2. I found this front loading frame at Bed Bath & Beyond but it was mounted on a thick brown background piece:
Remove the thick background:
3. Cut 1/4″ plywood piece to fit and paint blue.
Glue and nail into place:
4. Predrill 4 holes for frame piece, repeat from backside with countersink bit:
5. Line up frame piece, glue and tape into place.
Predrill frame piece from back through previously drilled holes then secure with countersunk screws from back:
I’m linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic