Build: doll high chair
I used Ana White’s plans to build this doll high chair complete with movable tray:
Here’s my 6 year old girl #2 operating the tray:
I made this doll high chair for my niece Lily’s 2nd birthday:
Inspired by the the Crafting Chicks modified version of Ana’s plans:
I added a curved tray on a hinge.
On the right is the hinge and on the left is a piece of felt which 1) softens the ‘slam’ of the tray and 2) provides thickness same as the hinge to level out the tray:
Here’s how I made the doll high chair:
1. Cut wood using Ana White’s plans here:
I used pocket holes throughout and a spare 1×2 as a spacer:
3. Assembled and wood putty.
The tray is a 10 1/2″ w piece of 3/4″ birch plywood scrap shaped with a jigsaw:
4. Prime and paint the tray two coats Behr Swiss Coffee.
Draw decorative swirls with pencil:
5. Paint swirls with Americana peony pink:
6. Seal tray with Minwax clear semi-gloss poly spray:
7. Prime and paint high chair two coats Behr frosted lemon:
8. Sand to distress.
Seal high chair with Minwax clear satin poly:
9. Attach hinge and felt.
Love this design. Great job! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things party. Hope to see you back next week!
[email protected] Road says
That's adorable! Your niece is so lucky. 🙂