Build this handsome nightstand with free plans from Ana White here.
This nightstand has very masculine lines and a campy feel, it fits perfectly in my son’s bedroom.
The lamp is from Ikea – Ranarp work lamp.
Tons of storage with two big drawers and I used basic pulls from Home Depot.
Inspired by Pottery Barn Kids Owen nightstand:
This diy version will cost just about $100 in supplies, I used nearly all scraps I found in my stash so my costs were very minimal.
How to build a handsome nightstand:
1. Follow Ana’s plans here and cut lumber.
2. Begin by making pocket holes with your Kreg jig in side panels:
3. Construct side panels using 1×2 trim on front, screw down from exterior (the screw heads will be hidden under the lath trim):
4. Attach legs to side panels.
5. Make pocket holes with your Kreg jig into horizontal 2×2 supports:
6. Attach all 6 supports to one side panel:
7. Then add other side panel:
8. Attach lath trim using a finish nailer:
9. Attach the back:
10. And finally the top:
11. Ana suggests adding a support piece under the 1/4″ plywood top. After getting the top on I decided it would be best to add the support:
13. Seal with 3 coats Minwax clear satin polyurethane.
14. Build drawers and install drawer glides:
15. Mark the drawer front for holes for the handle pull:
16. Position the drawer front using a 1/8″ spacer (and glue), insert finish nails in between the marks for the screws:
17. Remove the drawer and secure drawer front from interior by countersinking 1 1/4″ screws:
18. Attach handle pulls and ready to use.
SHOP THIS POST: