Personalize hand towels with an appliqued monogram and simple bias cut ruffle:
These hand towels are for sisters, a quick and easy personalized gift.
Here’s how to make the monogrammed hand towels:
1. Print out monogram to fit.
(I used Lucida Bright font at 300 point.)
Apply fusible interfacing to wrong side of fabric:
2. Place print out right side down on light box then fabric right side down on top.
Trace outline of letter onto interfacing:
3. Cut out letter and pin in place:
4. Sew with tight zig zag stitch.
5. To make ruffle cut 1 1/4″ wide bias strips x (two times width of towel).
Run a very loose zig zag stitch just off center then pull one thread to ‘ruffle up’ the strip.
Pin in place and straight stitch down the middle:
For a more detailed ruffle trim tutorial check my ruffle towels post here.