Easy to make chalkboard valentines from chipboard cutouts, a little paint and chalk:
A red stack for the boys:
The chalk wipes off super easy with a cloth:
And I secured a small tag onto the backside with my kids names:
All wrapped up and ready to hand out:
We could’ve wrote each classmate’s name on the chalkboard but I decided to leave the boards blank to make it easier for passing out in class.
This would be a great non-candy alternative for Valentine’s Day but we did sneak in a few tootsie rolls:
Here’s how to make the chalkboard valentines:
1. Purchase chipboard shapes, I bought these at Michaels on super clearance, $.10 for a 5 pack.
Trace a circular shape for the chalkboard center:
2. Paint the white scalloped outer edge using white high gloss enamel:
3. Paint black chalkboard in the center circle:
4. Add pink and red dots:
(I used the base of a marker to get the circle shape then went over with a paintbrush.)
5. Add ribbon hanger and tie chalk to household string.
6. Add label to back if desired:
7. Package in cello bags with or without candy, see pic above.
For more candy free valentines ideas click here: