I removed the existing ‘shelves’ and installed 3/4″ plywood solid shelves:
And now the hole is fixed and we can use the cabinet as it was intended:
Here’s how I refinished the cabinet:
1. Remove doors, all hardware and loose shelving.
2. Use Kwik Strip stripper or Citristrip stripping gel.
Work in sections always keeping the piece you’re working on parallel to earth, pour out stripper onto surface:
9. Enlist help to wash and hose down the entire cabinet:
12. The board is attached using my Kreg jig and pocket holes on the inside:
20. Line up wheels in corners, leaving enough space for wheel and lock to spin freely without hitting feet:
22. Flip cabinet back upright and attach doors and hardware.
Then seal with two coats of MacKenzie & Stewart Isle of Skye waterbourne satin poly again going over hardware and screws to seal finish: