Thanks to Home Depot for sponsoring this post about the Bosch laser level. A level is an absolute necessity for installing anything that needs to be straight and plumb. And using a level spans the whole gamut from basic wall framing to actually installing items on a wall. Let’s get a closer look for more details about this awesome green laser level.
A tool review of the Bosch 40′ green laser level. A snapshot overview of this laser level in action.
This laser level has come in handy countless times in my DIY project career. I now consider it one of my most favorite tools. It’s completely self-leveling and extremely user friendly almost anyone can manage this tool. And I know you’re eyeing that green laser like a hawk because lasers are pretty darn cool, especially green lasers.
Laser Level Features:
- 40′ cross line laser
- bright green beam laser lines for visibility
- self-leveling technology with smart pendulum system
- VisiMax technology delivers maximum beam brightness, optimized energy efficiency and long-term tool reliability
- flexible mounting device clamps to various surfaces
- rotating 360 degree neck
- compact and lightweight
Most recently I used this Bosch laser level to install the bazillion scrap wood slices on my playroom wall. The cross line green laser beams made easy work of keeping my columns plumb and level. Plus the rotating neck allowed me to move the level every few inches for fine tuning as I would complete a column.
This laser level comes with a mounting device which you can clamp on to various surfaces. You are almost guaranteed to be able to position the level exactly where you need it because of the adjustable nature of the mount.
Typically I mount the level to a tripod when I’m in a room space doing an installation. For example when installing the barn door track in my son’s bedroom I used this laser level and it was a life saver.
Once you’re finished using the level you can lock the pendulum for secure transport and tuck the tool in this carrying case. I do wish the carrying case was designed to hold both the mounting device and the level but at least the level is safe from damage inside its pouch.
* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the promotional program THD Prospective. As a part of this program I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Trade Commission guidelines.