(Or a continuation from yesterday’s post on bins.)
Simple Valentine’s decorations.
And the after:
I painted one thick coat of Behr Off White satin finish:
Painted the words on using stencils, first red paint then brown. Sanded with 120 grit, applied Minwax special walnut and sealed with clear satin poly.
For the ‘flowers’, I know they look nothing like any real flowers but they sure are pretty.
Here’s how I made the flowers:
(Martha also has a good tutorial here.)
Stack 6 coffee filters
Flatten and start folding back and forth like a fan.
Add some wire in the middle to hold the folds.
Pull up each layer of filter towards the middle, alternating sides.
And you have a ‘flower’.
In total I made 14 flowers, super fast and easy touch.
I’m linking to: