Sew: apple zipper pouch
A personalized back to school gift for teachers.
I filled each pouch with a fun notepad and post-it page markers in rainbow colors:
Then wrapped in cellophane and used cupcake toppers for tags:
The interior is lined with cotton, this one red gingham:
And the center white band wraps all the way around. So glad I choose red thread for the top stitching, it really completes the look when paired with the red metal zipper:
Here’s how to make the personalized apple zipper pouches:
1. Supplies (for one pouch):
1 – exterior drop cloth 10″ x 14″
1 – interior cotton lining 10″ x 14″
1 – white cotton band 5″ x 14″
1 – med. weight fusible interfacing 10″ x 14″
acrylic paints and brush
2. Print out desired letter.
I used American Typewriter font at 225 point.
Center behind white panel over a light box:
Paint inside the monongram with brown/red acrylic paint.
3. Using a clip art apple printed to desired size place behind white panel, centering the apple just below letter.
Paint inside apple with red acrylic paint:
Finish apple stem with brown and leaf with green.
4. Press under 1/2″ raw edges and pin white panel down center of drop cloth.
(Interfacing has already been ironed onto drop cloth.)
Top stitch panel in place, I choose to use red thread for contrast.
5. To add zipper place zipper face down at end of exterior then place lining face down on top of zipper:
Using a zipper foot stitch in place.
6. Fold lining over and top stitch down:
7. Repeat process for other end of exterior using other side of zipper and lining:
8. Now sew side seams, be sure to leave a 4″ opening one lining side in order to turn right side out.
Miter all four corners:
Clip corners and turn right side out.
9. Sew lining opening shut with top stitch: