A gift for a friend who is having her first baby.
She outfitted her nursery using a subtle Beatrix Potter theme and these baby blocks should fit right in.
The edges are sanded smooth:
I tried to incorporate images of all the Beatrix Potter characters:
Lots of good rabbit images too:
Here’s how to make alphabet blocks:
– kids picture books
– mod podge – matte
– paint brush
– 2″ x 2″ wood dowel cut into 2″ lengths
– printed alphabet onto cardstock
– paper cutter
– dark brown acrylic paint
2. Trim desired image down to slightly larger than block, apply mod podge to block:
3. Press image onto block and repeat for opposite side:
4. Let dry then sand excess paper edges off:
5. Do all images first, I choose 2 images for each block leaving 4 sides open for letters:
6. Same process for letters. Cut printed letter down to size and apply with mod podge to block:
7. Repeat for opposite side:
8. Then repeat letter process again for other 2 sides.
9. Using a dry brush and dark brown acrylic paint apply dry paint to edges of letters to create aged look:
10. Apply final coat of mod podge to all 6 sides to seal papers.