A wood stack pumpkin.
Here’s how I made the pumpkin stack:
1. Cut wood pieces:
3 – 2×2 furring strips cut @ 1.5″
1 – 3/4″ plywood scrap (3″ x 3″)
1 – 3/8″ dowel cut @ 5″
2. Drill a hole down the center of each square piece.
Use 1/2″ spade bit:
3. Drill hole into base piece, just until tip of bit pokes through.
Use 3/8″ spade bit:
4. Glue dowel into hole:
6. Apply decorative paper to blocks using mod podge:
7. Start paper at one edge and wrap around block:
8. Trim excess tail piece and let dry:
9. Remove excess from edges using sandpaper:
10. To make leaves sandwich two fabric pieces around floral wire with hot glue:
11. Cut into leaf shape with pinking shears:
12. Stack blocks onto dowel, add stickers, twist wire leaf piece around top.
Add one long wire piece and twist end into coil.
This is the adult version of a kids craft coming soon.
Easy, fast and inexpensive.
I’m linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic