This post about the Makita cordless miter saw is sponsored by The Home Depot. The search is over and this is by far my most favorite miter saw. And I’ve tried a lot of miter saws. I’m telling you the features will blow you away. If you’re looking to upgrade your miter saw or even start from scratch this Makita cordless 10″ dual bevel sliding compound miter saw is a winner.
A tool review of the Makita cordless dual bevel sliding compound miter saw. This 10″ cordless miter saw will amaze you with its features and capabilities.
If you’ve been following along on Instagram then you know I recently moved into my new shed shop. It’s not a big space at only 10′ x 14′ but it’s a dedicated space out of the elements and I’m so very grateful to be dry and have all my tools at my fingertips. You may have already noticed but this Makita miter saw is quite unique in that the sliding rail system is on the side of the saw (versus the back) which greatly reduces the saw’s footprint. This is crucial if your workshop space is limited, like mine, which makes this miter saw perfect for my shed shop.
Cordless Miter Saw Features:
- cordless operation powered by 2 LXT batteries
- lightweight at just over 27 pounds
- brushless motor
- largest crown molding cutting capacity in 10″ miter saw class
- 60 degree miter capacity left and right
- 48 degree bevel capacity left and right
- 6 standard positive miter stops
- laser indicates cut line
There sits the Makita cordless miter saw on my miter saw station flush against the wall like it was made for this spot. However, because of the compact size and weight this miter saw is also ideal for portable situations and taking it along on installations. In addition, the cordless battery powered technology means more power, speed and run time without a cord.
Below you can see the two 5.0Ah LXT batteries housed near the top of the saw. With a full charge these batteries allow for up to 334 cuts in 2×4 material and 192 cuts in 2×12 material. That’s probably more cuts than one could conceive of making in a single work day.
Like all Makita products this is a well thought-out solid tool that will not disappoint. I could go on about speed change technology, smooth cuts, accuracy, torque, ball bearing system, stability and more. Believe me it’s all there and then some. If I had my choice of all the cordless miter saws on the market this would be it.
The Makita 10″ cordless dual bevel sliding compound miter saw is available at The Home Depot here.
- (1) Makita cordless dual bevel sliding compound miter saw
- (2) 5.0Ah LXT batteries
- (1) dual battery charger
- (1) 40 tooth carbide blade
Be sure to follow me on social media for sneak peeks, tools and project inspiration:
* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the promotional program THD Prospective. As a part of this program I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Trade Commission guidelines.