As usual the tv is always an issue when trying to dress my mantel.
This time I tried to divide and conquer.
The right side is mushrooms (see how I made them here).
And the left side is pinwheel toparies:
How I made the mini pinwheel toparies:
1. Cut a 3″ square of paper (I used two papers, one for the front, one for the back or you could use double sided scrapbook paper.)
2. If using two papers adhere together with spray adhesive.
3. Cut slits on the diagonal about 1/3 up each side (follow yellow lines):
4. Sew a stitch through the center to hold all points together:
5. Faux sew the button, adhere with hot glue in center, hot glue entire pinwheel to stick:
There’s an easy tutorial here on how to make paper pinwheels.
A just maybe we’ll get a visit from these guys: