Build: diy personalized ipad stand
I combined the Shanty girls ipad stand with Angie’s Roost ipad stand to make this personalized ipad stand.
It’s a fast and easy build using minimal supplies that makes a great holiday gift.
You know I didn’t make just one:
I handpainted the letters and sealed everything with clear satin poly.
I purposely choose to keep the plywood edges visible, I actually like the look of the plywood ‘stripes’ all sandwiched together:
The slot for the ipad is a generous 3/4″ wide:
That extra piece of wood at the top of the stand flap is necessary to hide the end of the screws holding the hinge in place.
How to make a personalized ipad stand:
1. Cut wood pieces:
1 – 3/4″ plywood @ 11″ x 8″ (back)
2 – 1×2 @ 8″ (base & front edge)
1 – 1 5/8″ x 1/4″thick moulding @ 6″ (stand flap)
1 – 1×2 @ 1 5/8″ (hides screws)
2. Construct using glue and finish nails:
3. Let dry and sand everything smooth.
4. Print out letter for personalization:
I used monogram KK font at 550 point.
5. Center letter print out on wood back and using ballpoint pen trace around letter outline with heavy pressure:
6. The pressure of the ballpoint pen leaves a slight indent in the wood:
7. Paint on and inside the indent using acrylic craft paint:
8. Attach the back stand flap:
** Do not add string until after sprayed with poly.**
9. Spray both sides with clear satin poly to seal:
10. Staple the end of the jute string to the back and then slide through predrilled hole in flap: