Paint: handpainted backyard sign
A fun, kid-friendly camp rules sign for our backyard patio area.
This sign doesn’t require any fancy vinyl cutting machine, simply your computer, printer, pen, paint and a steady hand. I’ll show you how down below.
Yes we are approaching the end of summer but there’s still time to enjoy the outdoors.
Since we’re just getting settled into our new home we’re still working on the exterior while the weather is good.
The previous owners left this wrought iron floral birdbath. It does not work as a bird bath and from the looks of it they used it as a flower planter. It’s not really my style so we took it down and I quickly decided I wanted something to cover the exposed conduit:
The light switch is still functional and accessible (it controls tree lights) and the outlet is accessible but the conduit is covered AND we have a campy backyard sign!
For my font fanatic readers below is the list of fonts and links:
7. BlairMdITC TT-Medium 8. akaPosse 9. Bordeaux Roman Bold
Here’s how to paint a backyard sign:
1. Prepare board (3/4″ wood of any kind) to desired size and paint background color.
2. Print out lettering (see fonts above) to fit your board space:
3. Place word in position and using a ballpoint pen apply heavy pressure and trace word:
The pen leaves an indent in the wood, this is your painting line:
4. Paint on the indent:
(I work right to left because I’m left-handed so as not to smudge the wet paint.)
5. Continue with all the words:
6. Add some green accent paint:
7. Distress with sandpaper.
8. Seal with clear satin Helmsman poly for exterior:
9. Add a hanging wire to the back:
I’m linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework