Sew: monogrammed seersucker pouches
Party favors for a boy baby shower.
Light blue seersucker on the exterior with navy lining and monograms:
Or these light pink versions:
Or these too:
Here’s how I made the pouches:
1 – light blue seersucker fabric @ 10″ x 14″
1 – med. fusible interfacing @ 10″ x 14″
2 -Kona nightfall navy fabric @ 10″ x 7″
1 – 9″ white zipper
5/8″ navy grosgrain ribbon
2. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of seersucker.
3. Pin letter centered on one half, zigzag stitch in place.
4. Place zipper face down on one end then one piece of lining, stitch:
5. Repeat for other side with other lining piece.
Top stitch lining down on interior to prevent from getting caught in zipper:
6. Right sides together sew side seams and miter corners:
7. Clip miters off to alleviate bulk:
8. Turn right side out, press raw edge of lining in 1/2″ and straight stitch closed:
9. Push lining down into pouch and press smooth.
I’m linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic