How to build a kids table and chairs.
Finished in time for Christmas
I modified the chairs using 2×2 for the legs for a different look and more stability.
The distressed edges:
This table fits young kids perfectly.
Here’s my 4 and 7 year old:
And here’s Lily at 14 months old:
She won’t outgrow this table for at least five more years.
Here’s how I made the table and chairs:
1. Cut wood according to plans.
** I modified the chairs using 2×2 for the legs.
Pieces for one chair:
(minus the seat, I used one solid piece for seat)
Pieces for table:
** I used one solid piece for table top.
2. Construct, putty screws and sand.
** I used mostly #10 x 2 1/2″ wood screws, no kreg jig here.
3. For the chair seat cut one solid piece, then mark the back leg corner cuts:
4. Cut corners with jig saw then attach:
5. Prime everything.
Paint chairs 2 coats Benjamin Moore summer shower.
Paint table 2 coats Behr swiss coffee.
** Sand between all coats.
6. Sand to distress then seal with Minwax clear satin poly.
Let the kids use and enjoy.
Merry Christmas Lily.