My third biscuit sign.
A custom order from Paula who wanted the sign to be much more like this inspiration photo.
Paula requested the size (30″w x 18″h) and style so I was able to make it for her.
Previously I had done biscuit sign #1 here:
and #2, which are very similar:
But #3 is bigger and more in keeping with the original inspirational photo.
Here’s how I made the sign:
1. Cut piece of 3/4″ pine to size, paint 2 coats custom mix pale reddish orange.
2. Print out letters and layout on wood board:
3. Trace letters with ballpoint pen to make indent in wood.
Here I modified the T-A-R to be slightly wider and more like the inspiration:
4. Paint in outline, I used off white. Let dry and repeat process for all lettering:
5. All painting complete.
6. Sand with 120 grit on mouse, stain with Minwax dark walnut, seal with clear satin poly.
It’s pretty darn close to the inspiration with my own tiny touches:
I hope Paula enjoys her new sign. I loved the challenge.
I’m linking up to:
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/, http://justagirlblog.com/, http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com/
http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com/, http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/, http://www.iheartnaptime.net/
http://www.skiptomylou.org/, http://makingtheworldcuter.blogspot.com/, http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/